Thursday 12 March 2015

The Wedding Rehearsal- Josiah G.


 It was February 16th, the day we set out for our million dollar wedding rehearsal. All was set on the go as all the payment requirements for the million dollar wedding to be a success had been done. Josephine my darling made sure everything as regards the marriage was contracted out, even to the pastor and the little couple that would follow behind us. Even though I thought this was not a necessity, I couldn't reject my sweetheart's request before our marriage as money was not a challenge. I run a multinational investment that pays me "wild" money that I cannot even account for most of the times.
As I entered the marble floored with gold plated seats, I smiled broadly to myself rejoicing over the beautiful life that lies ahead. The hall was just a partial reflection of my $16m furnished castle in the choicest part of the country's capital, indeed you agree with me that life is beautiful when money is readily available to be spent. I took my seat as the boss... as I looked at my wristwatch I discovered I had been waiting for 25minutes of my productive time as I was the only one present in the hall. In great confusion and mild anger, I picked up my phone to call my darling Josephine to find out what the challenge was, and as I heard her caller-tune "All of Me" I beheld her walk majestically down the isle of the hall looking ever radiant and beautiful, the smile on her face did melt my anger as I ran towards her and gave her a "princely" peck. This was when she told me she was held in traffic and her convoy had to make sure the road was cleared for her drive through. In the midst of our discussion, a group of young cute and well-built men walked into the hall in their tuxedo suites embarrassing our sense of smell with their obviously expensive cologne; a young man who seem to be their leader walked towards me and asked me "Sire, are you the couple..." Josephine quickly replied "yes" pushing me to the other side as she shook hands with the young man.
As we were yet exchanging pleasantries, a group of glass-skinned beauties walked in looking ever radiant and dashing. I quickly took the initiative of "the boss" as i approached them to confirm if they were the brides maidens, as i returned after 25mins of chatting with their head, Josephine dragged me to porch within the hall and gave me the warning of my life, but the smiles on her face after the dangerous warnings yet humbled my spirit and kept shut. We were to begin the rehearsals when the wedding planner worth $400,000 walked in with two beauties that she called the little couple and this was where it all began. The boy had a striking resemblance with me that everybody in the began to ask why we did not tell them we had a kid, and i was dumb founded as Josephine gave me a stern look that was asking so many questions at the same time. Everybody stood still and watched us act out a drama scene as i tried to explain to Josephine that the baby boy wasn't mine.

The whole place got heated when the Chief bridesmaid that came separately to join us for the rehearsal proper turned out to be Folake my New York berry bunch. I met Folake in New York some 26months ago after a business deal with her father, Chief Oloye, the oil mogul. Folake fell for my looks and i fell for her curves. It was a one night of fun encounter as i was the ladies man, but she wanted more so i relocated to my London office because of her. This was where Folake bursted out in tears as she took out time to narrate her ordeal in my hands and how the young lad who was to be the ring bearer was Josh Junior while i was away in the toilet trying to cook up potent lies. As i walked in from the toilet, i saw the gathering of the tribes before me as Josephine stood in front with Folake beside her and every other person in the hall stood behind them. This was how i started another series of appeal to my darling Josephine. It took 2hrs 45mins precisely with combined begging effort from many, including Folake herself before Josephine agreed to carry on with the marriage and as such the rehearsal. Men, this was one day no man ever wishes to see.


As we proceeded with the rehearsals in proper, we observed that the groom's man was not yet present, but Josephine suggested we go on as it was late and we still had to return to the UK that same night. As we got to the altar, a tall, dark and advanced (in age) man walked out with a cool smile and a big bible in his hand waiting for us to end the march so that he can begin the procedure; on beholding this man, Josephine fainted on the spot and the man took to his heels. We quickly took my darling Josephine to the health care unit within the facility to revive her, and as she opened her eyes, the exact words that came out of her mouth are "where is that bastard that calls himself a father that killed my mother, and took away my virginity before i even knew anything about life?"....

@Calabar_gist

No comments:

Post a Comment