Thursday 12 March 2015

CHRONICLES OF DAN MANTRA- Victor .O

The atmosphere was drunk with so much gayness and the cheerfulness emanating from the faces that surrounded me, I was the centre of attraction and the sole focus of every eye. Soon I was being lifted by some person’s whose identity I could not reconcile the word “Known” to, but they seemed committed to their mission with much euphoric enthusiasm , so neatly dressed in oriental clothing were they, they looked so much like orderlies in a King’s court and they treated me like their King . Just beside me I heard sonorous voices beginning to rise in harmonious symphony that described something more than just music. They sang something that sounded like a praise song, though I couldn’t ear pick every word, but could only catch the part that had my name in it, because it was given so much attention to by these cosmic voices.
Still up in the air, My carriers began to move me towards an area upfront, and I could feel a swishing wind of ecstasy brush across my cheeks, yet I remained silent, being awed by this hypnotic atmosphere.
I raised my heads towards the other part of the hall, towards which my carriers were headed, and I beheld a specially decorated area that spelt nothing but the mastery of beauty, there were two golden chairs that were ornamentally dressed with precious gems, so beautiful were they, “Wow!” I said to myself. One seat was empty and I knew immediately it was for no other, but me. But the other was occupied by… Wait a minute! … .. I can’t believe this it was her, the first girl I ever loved and had a crush on… “Chinyere” her name couldn’t help but escape my lips, opening for the first time since I found myself in this magical place. As if she heard me mention her name she smiled and held out her hands open and at that moment it seemed as if the whole place increased its opacity with the emergence of her smile I looked around me, all the crystals and golden object lit up with an ineffable opulence. I looked back at where she was and she was still waiting for me, her aura spoke nothing but beauty. As I got closer to her she started taking steps towards me too, her steps so uniquely elegant, her clothing and hair-do was simply exceptional, it made her look like a goddess, “Was it really her”… a sharp thought crossed my mind.. “Yes it is” a stronger thought quickly replied.
Finally my carriers and I got very close to where she was and just a few steps away from each other, as my carriers also had the ability to read minds they dropped for I earnestly desired from that point on, to complete the remaining  journey of steps with my own feet, as I began to move my heart began to beat real fast, three steps away I would be in the arms and bosom of my dream lady, Two steps!… one step!, “Welcome my King she said”.. Finally am in her arms, and it was as if my heart melted with a feeling of an unimaginable and unexplainable euphoria, it was the most exhilarating moment of my life, ; “if this was a dream, then I never want to wake up” I said to myself, I mean here am I in a beautiful world that I have become king and my queen was no one else but the lady of my dreams. Oh!! My heart screamed from within “what a beautiful life, what a beautiful world”… … … … .  Or so I thought… … … … … … .
 Then came a thundering thud in form of a voice… “Dan!!!”… . “Daniel!!!!!”… …
  “What was that” I asked, and slowly my magical world slowly began to fade away into a mist of blurriness…  “Daniel!!” came the voice again, yanking at me… “Will you get up from that bed before I empty the contents of this bucket on you?” 
 “What bed” my puzzled mind asked, even why still watching my magical world diminish.
 “Daniiiiiiieeel” this time more shrill than ever... “Wait a minute!” that’s my mum’s voice; it was her voice that’s making my world disappear… I wanted to immediately ask “what are you doing here mum?”
But before I could form the words to say... I was met with liquid coldness… 
   “Water, Help!!” I screamed and my eyes were open to a new world..

  “The real world”… Oh! My Goodness, it was just a dream, my magical moment was just a dream, “but wait, hold on a second”… at least even if it was going to be so, it did not end well. I stood up and my mum was right in front of me, a bit resentful at the fact that she had just ruined my new world and unbelievably I said… “Mum please I want to go back”

@Calabar_gist

No comments:

Post a Comment